Friday, July 3, 2015

Dustin Brown, Rasta Conqueror Rafa

Dustin Brown (KOMPAS)

LONDON - Dustin Brown conscious sport of tennis is conservative. However, he did not want to deny the origins as well as her appearance.


Brown became a star in the Wimbledon fourth day after eliminating two-time champion, Rafael Nadal, in the main square by winning 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4. It is the fourth victory for Brown in a grand slam tournament.

German players have complete victory Jamaican descent through eye-catching appearance. He appeared with a beard and, especially, dreadlock hair (dreadlocks) are reminiscent of the Jamaican reggae music legend, Robert Nesta Marley or Bob.

The victory over Nadal is a big leap for the 30-year-old. In fact, this world-ranked 102 previously just a player who is looking for money to follow the small tournaments in Europe.

For three years, Brown around Europe with a VW car owned by his parents. He often stopped at the laundry to wash clothes and also seek additional money by installing other player's racket strings.

The victory over Nadal does not seem to change personalities Brown. He always tried to explain the "abnormality" appearance to the tennis fans. "For me, (the appearance of) my normal. I can only ask why it behind you who look different?"

"My look is like this and I'm not going to change it. In the world of tennis, I did pick up some things, but it will not change my overall. Some people can accept, but I do not care about the views of my hair," he said.

Dustin Brown did appear different on the field, especially because dreadlock hair (dreadlocks) which reaches back. For Brown, dreadlock fashion is not on the pitch to make it different, but related to his cultural roots.

Brown was born in Germany, the birthplace of his mother. However, he is still keeping his confidence that comes from Jamaica by the Rastafari belief traditions, among others, marked with or dreadlock dreadlocks and tattoos on his body.

However, Brown, who previously had a Jamaican citizenship status finally decided to become a German citizen after feeling does not get attention from his country's tennis federation.

Even so, he remained in touch with his father. Last year, he got his photo was showing a tattoo on his stomach. "I rarely saw my father," said Brown. "It's a long trip for me and my whole family." (KOMPAS.com)
Load disqus comments

0 comments