Sunday, June 7, 2015

Serena Williams was hit by a "48-hour nightmare"

(google image)


Serena Williams was worried the night before the final game, that she was too sick to perform at the top of the party to face Lucie Safarova of the French Open.



The pain throughout the tournament nearly derailed his ambitions to win her third title at the French Open and Grand Slam titles to 20.

But eventually the women's 33-year-old American won the match 6-3 6-7 (2-7) 6-2.

"It (the pain) was my nightmare for 48 hours," said the world number one female. "After the semifinal, I was just lying in the locker room."

"Just then I go home. Shower, Sleep, and did not leave the bed until 16 or 17 o'clock (Friday, 4/6 of it).

"I just thought, I have to take a stroll. Had to walk away. This house makes me sick. I had to get out, I had to take fresh air. Then I go for a walk, and back. Precisely the situation deteriorates."

"I then said to my physiotherapist, I am not sure that will be able to perform play, because the situation seems not so good. Actually, I'm pretty bad state at the time."

"And then they (the medical team) to help me."

After she entered the pitch on Saturday (6/6) Williams started the game brilliantly, but then give the opponent a chance to bounce back.

After winning the first set 6-3, Williams ahead in the second set 4-1 and 40-15, but then lost focus that makes Safarova rose and forth to take over the reins, to win the second set 7-6 (7-2).

She was deeply frustrated. Apalagidi beginning of the third set was 0-2.

But she then rediscovered his concentration, and scored six points in a row for the third et menyelesaikans with 6-2, and clinched the Grand Slam to 20.

Now Williams to within two degrees of the Steffi Graf won 22 Grand Slam, a record high since the open era.

Williams had a chance to complete a Grand Slam title in a row for the second time if it could win Wimbledon later.

"And then they (the medical team) to help me."

After she entered the pitch on Saturday (6/6) Williams started the game brilliantly, but then give the opponent a chance to bounce back.

After winning the first set 6-3, Williams ahead in the second set 4-1 and 40-15, but then lost focus that makes Safarova rose and forth to take over the reins, to win the second set 7-6 (7-2).

She was deeply frustrated. Especially at the beginning of the third set was 0-2.

But she then rediscovered his concentration, and scored six points in a row to finish the third set 6-2, and clinched the Grand Slam to 20.

Now Williams to within two degrees of the Steffi Graf won 22 Grand Slam, a record high since the open era.

Williams had a chance to complete a Grand Slam title in a row for the second time if it could win Wimbledon later.

As for the men's world number one, Novak Djokovic, also had the opportunity to be a son of the 8th player who can win a Grand Slam, if it can beat Swiss Stanislaw Wawrinka in the final on Sunday (7/6) of this.
Load disqus comments

0 comments